Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Fine Sunday

I spent all day Sunday watching the Ophrah Network.  First it was Super Soul  Sunday  featuring Autism: the Musical.  Since my oldest daughter has recently been given an autism diagnosis and my nephew is on the severe end of the spectrum I found myself relating to the families in the documentary.  Next was Oprhah’s Life Class, a repeat of the episode featuring Iyanla Vanzant and Stopping the Pain.  With nothing else particular I had planned for the day I continued to watch unknown to me that by ten o’clock Sunday night I am would be changed! I ended the night watching Mr. T.D. Jakes speak about living life purposefully, and for the first time I felt really excited! I wasn’t certain what it even was I was excited about as I jumped to my feet after each revelation he brought to light. The next couple of days I deeply pondered a question my dear girlfriend asked me during my OWN marathon, “Do you know your purpose?”  I as many mommies pride myself on raising strong little women of God, though I’ve begun to think of that as one of my many life tasks and less of my genuine God given purpose.  Inspired to live more purposefully and to have my own purpose revealed to me, I felt lead to create this blog.  My vision is to create a place that feels like a conversation at the kitchen table with all your best girlfriends.  I want it to be informative, uplifting, spirited, and something you can’t wait to do again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment