Saturday, April 21, 2012

What a Brat of Me!!


“Until you can be thankful for what is not enough
you cannot be blessed with what is more than enough!”
T.D. Jakes
This statement speaks such a profound message that I can’t imagine trying to create a supplemental message to accompany it.  I can only take a moment to reflect on my own situation and how the words speak to me.  For several months I have been looking to make a new car purchase.  My current car, a 1993 Ford Festiva isn’t very attractive to the eye, it really doesn’t suit me in size, and has close to 200,000 miles on it.  My husband and I have been in a great debate about the new car I would get, because I feel it is time for me to have something more “fancy” equating to far more expensive.  In an attempt to convince him I was deserving of the expense of the car I want I have repeatedly commented poorly about my little Betty Blue (the festiva).  I commented on having to drive such an ugly piece of junk, how any day she would leave me stranded, and how it was unfair I had to drive the embarrassing vehicle while he drove our nice automobile.  When Mr. T.D. Jakes spoke these words about gratitude, I felt so disloyal and ungrateful! Betty Blue had been nothing but dependable and came to me during a time that I had nothing to drive at all! She is so fuel efficient and easy on my wallet! How could I be such a brat!  How could I think I was even deserving of such a blessing when I had been so ungrateful for what had been provided to me.  Needless to say, I carried this thought process over into the other areas of my life and created myself a gratitude list.  The majority of my blessings could never be measured in dollars and cents and are enough to carry me through a lifetime! I would ask each of you to take a moment and apply this message to your own situation…..be prepared for a revelation of your own.  Thank you Mr. T.D. Jakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment